Aluminium is a famous construction material for architects and home owners because of its robust nature and versatility. The most common misconception associated with the metal has been debunked due to the metallic sleek and sheen visual feel of aluminium coupled with the variety of colour options available in the market today . It is available only in standard silver colour and does not offer much in terms of aesthetics. It is possible to build almost all the doors and windows styles of aluminium frames, one of the most common forms are sliding doors and windows. Aluminium sliding doors Sydney or any other city for that matter can add beauty to your home without compromising on security or strength and are most recommended by Beta Views.
Some Of The Crucial Benefits Of Aluminium Sliding Doors And Windows Are-
- Stylish – Glass doors and windows add elegance to your living space however complicated and bulky frames can turn their beauty by unwanted attention. Minimization is highlighted to its best with Aluminium sliding doors and windows. They are thin but functionally perfect, study and offer an unobstructed outside view. Aluminium sliding doors or windows are available in a wide range of framing styles and shades. With unique powder coating technique the silvery hue of aluminium can be changed to a subtle charcoal grey or a bold black. You can also choose between a glossy finish or a matte texture.
- Space Maximisation – most of the time homeowners do not want to install glass doors and windows in small rooms because of the fear of losing the carpet area. With aluminium sliding doors or windows arc-space is not required as these are built with a minimalistic frame where the doors slide adjacent to each other. You can put furniture easily next to your sliding door and enjoy beautiful views. To create an awesome illusion of space for your room, you can install a mirroring glass in the door.
- Moisture Resistant – The most common problem with sliding doors and windows is swelling due to moisture. The frame often swells due to increased humidity, it becomes difficult to open or close the door. However there is an increased chance of glass breakage with swollen structures. Aluminium is a metal so it is immune to humidity. Even when the moisture content in the atmosphere is highest, Aluminium sliding doors and windows will never swell, this makes them perfect for homes located in humid regions.
- Low Maintenance – With the pollution and dirt, cleaning every door and window of your house becomes a necessity and no one wants to spend hours once in a while attending to doors and windows. Training is effortless with aluminium sliding doors and windows, you don’t need harsh window cleaners for the glass panes. For the frames a simple pointed brush, a window cleaning agent or a clean damp cloth is sufficient. The rails can also be lubricated with oil or a specialised lubricant. Doing all this doesn’t take a lot of time as it is extremely simple.
- Energy Efficient – There is a misconception attached with aluminium that being a metal it is not capable to provide optimum insulation against heat. Although aluminium has high thermal conductivity, this thermal break technology is used by manufacturers for modern day aluminium frames that make them extremely energy efficient. Thermal breaks create an air bridge between the outer and inner layers of the frame, making them ideal for heat insulation. Special insulation polyamides and gaskets can be used for zero consumable energy buildings. Aluminium is highly reflective so it becomes perfect for places that have harsh solar radiation and warm climate. Thus with Aluminium sliding doors or windows, the hot and cold air remains inside your house and in turn you save plenty on energy bills.
- Long Lasting – Aluminium is one of the most durable construction materials as it does not corrode, peel off or flake. It is also pest and termite resistant and weatherproof. It does not foster water stagnation so it has a minimum chance of rotting.
This post has originally been featured in Residence Style.