The number of homeowners who spend on home appliances and furniture is increasing annually. And since more and more households are now investing in their house’s interior design, most of them are also considering bespoke furniture to complement it.
If you’re someone who’s looking to buy new furniture before moving to your new house or planning to remodel your current one, you might want to learn some of the advantages of using bespoke furniture.
Bespoke furniture provides great value for your money because:
- It lasts for a lifetime because of the quality of the materials used and the sophistication in the custom metal furniture fabrication process (or any material for that matter).
- You’ll be presented with various designs before they actually begin manufacturing the furniture.
- It is made to match your interior design. Therefore, you get to decide the size, color, shape, and how and where you’ll be putting it inside your place.
- You get advice from actual experts as to what design is suitable for your place, help you purchase the best materials, and get the furniture installed by them.
However, regardless of how perfect the product is, if you do not clean and maintain the furniture regularly, it will still age and get worn out easily.
So if you want it to make it as new as the day it was delivered to your place, follow some of the tips mentioned below.
1. Use cleaning products that are suitable for the material used in your furniture
Different materials require different cleaning products too. There are various materials used in furniture-making like metal, glass, and wood and they need to be cleaned and maintained separately. Using cleaning products that are too strong or too mild for your furniture can either cause discoloration or leave substances and dirt, resulting in a decrease in the value of the furniture.
2. Always remember to wipe the hard to reach areas
It is not surprising that we only clean areas that are visible to our eyes in all our furniture. Most of the time, we forget to check the ones that are cannot be seen easily. The problem with neglecting this is it’s like you’re allowing dust and dirt to accumulate in the furniture. When this happens, it impairs the furniture’s capability to function well.
3. Keep the furniture in good condition while in use
Exposing wood furniture to direct sunlight can cause cracks and expansion to the material. Aside from that, it may also cause discoloration, shrinkage, and crumbling of the finish. To prevent this, home furniture experts suggest the use of blinds and shades to help filter the sunlight that passes through the window. You also need to make sure that the room is properly ventilated to keep the furniture in optimal condition.
Bespoke furniture can be a bit more expensive than the ones you see displayed online or in the department store. That is why if you want to get the value of the extra money that you spent on them, you need to take care of the furniture properly for you to be able to use them for a long time. The only way to do that is to know which products are best for them and how the material used determines the best way to care for them.
If your goal is to use them for a lifetime, you might want to give more attention and care for these pieces.
This post has originally been featured in Residence Style.